Sunday, March 1, 2009

happy anniversary...

thirty-five years ago today, i was married to my sweetheart, donnie. we were married by bishop shelby berry in the old american fork third ward church (which is now the north hampton house, at the corner of third north and second west). my mom made my wedding dress for $35.00 and her time. she also made our wedding cake). we had purchased a home in american fork three months before we were married. and spent a lot of time working to fix it up. (we paid $18,000 for our home, and it actually came furnished with some of the ugliest furniture you can imagine, but it was functional and we used it for years.)

we had a wedding dinner at the church after we were married. don's mom, family and ward members, prepared a wonderful meal. when we went to leave the church, we found that my uncle dewey had done something to our truck so it wouldn't start. after fixing that, we had to go thru the car wash (still with me in my wedding gown and donnie in his tux) to spray off the truck.


the next night we had our wedding reception at the home of don's parents.

our wedding line consisted of my dad and mom, don's parents, freddie (don's cousin and best friend (besides me of course). notice fred 'goosing' don for the picture. the photographer had had just as much as he could take when he was done taking our pictures! needless to say.), donnie, me, and my other best friend, lari.



four years to the day later, we were sealed, along with our two oldest, melanie and chet for time and all eternity in the provo temple.
donnie, i'll love ya forever. you are the best thing that ever happened to me! happy anniversary!!

1 comment:

Marci said...

ahhh! that is so amazing....all of it. happy anniversary you two.