Friday, August 15, 2008

View from an Empty Nest

"Candlelight dinners, late-night chats, wild sex. Sounds like young love? Better----it's what happens after the kids leave." joe kita
(notice this quote was made by a person of the male gender, probably in one of his delirious daydreaming moments!)
I found this quote in a book at work and after I stopped laughing, I showed it to quite a few of my co-workers, all of whom are "empty nesters" ~ and... after they picked themselves up off from the floor (from laughing), we came up with our own version (more accurate, of course!) of this quote. Are you ready???
"First of all... Empty Nest ? Now how in the sam hills does anyone really think that that happens? It multiplies - like rabbits! No such thing as a "Empty Nest"!
Candlelight dinners would be, looking in the jockey box of the truck with the flashlight, trying to scrounge up any extra change as we go thru the drive thru at Del Taco or Arby's.
late-night chats... would be with myself. I talk to myself all night long. I wish I could tell myself to shut up so I could get some sleep! (I guess as long as I don't answer myself, I'll be ok.:) And for the...
wild sex, I've got my bee bee gun ready. Those neighbors cats have been at it every night the last few weeks. Sick it's just sick ! and for our husbands... well, that's only in their dreams!

3 comments:

Marci said...

that's way too funny!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

Loni said...

that is the best thing i've heard all day! but i must know where you got the picture of the old lady to go with it.