Sunday, August 24, 2008

this is my story....

...and i'm stickin' to it!
does anyone else in this world have a hard time with sleep?
i try to go to bed at a decent hour and try to be consistent, like the experts tell you to do, but i am always so tired in the morning, and i have a hard time getting out of bed.
i think i have figured it out though... i could be wrong (this is a hard thing for me to admit, so help me with this one. please!)
i have come to the conclusion that i am a very light sleeper! we mostly go to bed at the same time, but 'donnie boy' is up 2 or 3 times in the night. he has to have his midnight treat. sometimes it's rice krispie treats, but most of the time its his favorite ~ dryers fruit bars. sometimes i might not hear him get up, but i always hear the crackling of the wrappers - clear from the kitchen, and then he brings them back into bed with him ~ (that's a whole nother story, i'll have to tell later!).
he has been working long, long hours the past little bit, and he has to be at work pretty early, so his alarm is set for 4:15 A.M. ( i didn't even know there were two 4:15's in one day?) and... the alarm clock is on my side of the bed. (d-u-m-b!, i know, but if it's on his side of the bed, i have to wake him up anyway, and tell him that it is ringing). so, at 4:15 A.M. the first alarm goes off, i roll over and wake him up. at 4:24 A.M. the alarm goes off again. again, i try to wake him. at 4:33 A.M his alarm goes off a-g-a-i-n! ... get the picture ~ every 9 minutes. so by the time he pulls himself out of bed, i'm wide awake! and that's way to early to get out of bed - don't you think?! by the time my alarm goes off at 6:10 a.m. i am way too tired to do anything except roll over and hit the snooze!
and bless his heart... being the thoughtful guy he is... the other morning, he woke up before his alarm went off, so he got up and got ready to go - he was sooo quiet. i didn't have to work that day, and he didn't want his alarm to wake me up after he left, but he didn't know how to turn it off, so he "quietly" woke me up to ask me how to turn it off ~ bless his heart!
I NEED SOME SLEEP!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny. All I hav to say is...Like father like son. I guess that I have no hope. Between the damn dogs, and the stinkin' alarm clock, I hardly ever wake up a happy person. It looks like I have no hope. O well. At least he's a good guy huh?