Tuesday, August 12, 2008

~quirks~

1. Link the person who tagged you... Melanie
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them


i had to think about this long and hard. of course, i didn't think i had many quirks. but i did think of a few. so here goes.....


1. I HAVE TO HAVE A CLEAN HOUSE! i can't leave, sleep, watch t.v., eat, etc. (you get the picture) if my house isn't in order. don teases me all the time about having to vacuum up the popcorn on the floor in the middle of a movie (of course, he exaggerates alot). every time i walk in the door, i grab the dish rag and wipe off the counter. my bed has to be made. it drives me nuts to have things scattered around, and i have been known to clean things from right under donnie's nose. my friend ladawn has a saying in her cabin that goes something like this - "if a man should lay his tool or his sword upon his shelf, or upon the place wither he would keep it, behold, upon the morrow, he could not find it." i admit... it's me!


2. MY HAIR is another quirk i have! i could care less if i have make up on or the best of clothes, but my hair has to be just right! (but i have to stop and think what other's think after kendyl, my 3 year old granddaughter said to me one day, "gramma, i bet it was really interesting doing your hair this morning.") oh out of the mouths of babes!


3. I HATE PEOPLE WHO USE THE SYSTEM! i know that hate is a pretty strong word, but it really gripes me when i think of this... i'm working and paying taxes, so that someone else (who is perfectly able, but not willing), can sit home, eating bon bons (a luxury that most common people don't feel like they can spend their hard earned money on) and watching soaps, collecting the money the government takes away from me for their fun!


4. I DO NOT LIKE BEING LATE! for anything. but unfortunately, i have a husband that it doesn't bother. i've learned which battles to fight.


5. THE TOILET SEAT CLOSES JUST AS EASILY AS IT OPENS! nothing worse than getting up in the night, only to sit not just on the toilet, but in it!


6. GROSS EARS! picture this... you're sitting in church, you look to the side of you, only to see green "stuff" growing out of the kids ear that is sitting next to you. makes me want to grab a q-tip and start digging!


i tag: callie, gretchen, erin, alan and brigette, jake, and julie

No comments: