Friday, April 4, 2008

It's FINALLY Friday !

Wow, What a Week ! I am so glad that Friday is FINALLY here! We have been trying to hang one little piece of sheet rock all week, just can't seem to find a second to do it. Maybe that's what we'll do tonight (date night).
Monday and Tuesday nights were crazy late nights, busy with family and church, but Wednesday was the kicker for me. First of all it was Haley's 28th Birthday and I told her that I would stop by on my way home from work and pick up Kamryn and Hunter for the night, so she and Jeff could go out. I stopped by her house, and Hunter was still asleep, so I visited with her for awhile. I finally got home about 6:10 pm and started to get a few things organized and started to 'think' about getting dinner ready for the kids. The phone rang about 6:50 pm and it was Lee Kimball. He said that the FM Group needed to do some things at the Chapel and wondered if there would be anything that would conflict with them being in there until next Wednesday. I told him that the only activity that I knew of was Enrichment on Weddnessdayyyyyyyy -YIKES! It was Wednesday and I had promised that I would make soup for the RS Birthday Party - TONIGHT at 7:00 pm ! All of the sudden I was like a tornado going back and forth from the pantry closet to the stove. Onions, carrots, celery...Oh no, NO celery. Oh well ! All I can say is OH THANK HEAVEN for Costco - all ready cooked chicken, shredded carrots, etc... Okay, now everything is in except the pasta noodles. Then it hit me that the last time I went to make this soup, I had No pasta noodles. Now it is after 7:00 pm. I sent Don down to the fruit room for one last 'hopeful' look. NOPE ! NO NOODLES ! But...There is a box of 'Suddenly Salad'. - "Rob Peter to Pay Paul". I threw the pasta from the 'SS' into the soup , grabbed Kamryn, and run to the church. We were only 10 minutes late! I put the soup in the kitchen on the stove and turned it on, so hopefully the pasta would be ready, when they were ready to eat. Then Kamryn and I went into the RS room to listen to the lesson. Here I am, the Bishop's wife, who is suppose to have it somewhat on the ball (I think), in my Scrubs and untied tennis shoes - late - and there sits 2 of the Stake RS Presidency. (Donnie, maybe this is what is going to take to get you released). They just need to go tell President Godwin, that "Sister Bishop" has gone LOONEY!
Well, we came home and made chicken strip and french fries for the 'home crowd' Of course the 5 year old had to be right in the middle of the counter to help and if she does ANYTHING, then the 2 year old thinks he has to do the same. -So it took a little longer than usual - I didn't have the patience to let my own kids help - too much mess! That is why Heavenly Father let's us be Grammas - So that we can have a chance to make up for the mistakes we made as Mothers.


Don helps sooo much, (he really does), he likes to keep the kids entertained with...

'THE CLAW' He had them screaming and giggling the rest of the night. His favorite thing is to have the kids kiss and hug him and ask ......


"Gramma, are ya jealous?"
I love my family and am happiest when they are around me! Have a Great Week !
Oh.. I forgot to tell you. The other soup that was brought to RS.... Well ... They opened cans of Campbells Soup and put it in a crock pot!!


No comments: