Tuesday, April 29, 2008

i have 2 good feet!

after trying to help my sweet little mother-in-law the past few months trying to get where she [thinks] she needs to go. (she will be 85 in august) whether it be to the bathroom or just to go thru cupboard one more time because "she knows that she put that receipt in there and no one else can find it". bless her heart, she can get up with help of her walker (and a person or 2). her walker has become one her finest possesions. she knows she needs to move this foot and then the other one to get where she wants to go, but dang! they just won't cooperate with her (most of the time). she use to out walk me with her short little squatting legs and tiny little feet.
so...i've decided that i need to pamper my feet a little more. they are only 52(since march, but according to the wii ,today, they are 61)

and they get me where i need to go. they aren't that attractive, but what the heck! so today i took advantage of the 70 degree weather (YEAH! it's finally spring) at lunch today. we, me and my 2 little feet, walked up past the temple, down mary pulley's hill, and back to the clinic (forgot my money, can't have good feet and mind at the same time) then over to the hospital (had to have that drink) then back to work. it took me about 45 minutes and it felt soooo good! i then came home, painted my toenails, and tried my luck at the wii. last week i was only 58 today i'm 61 - go figure! anyway, then i trained in bowling and tennis - can you say pathetic!
but... i got 2 knockouts in boxing, so now i'm feeling pretty frisky!
(haley, how about that challenge?)

so... now i think i will go put my little piggies up and give them a rest.

4 comments:

Marci said...

those are some pretty little red toenails! way to go on the walk...it was a gorgeous day, eh?

don and jacki said...

wow! you didn't even let me finish this blog before you made your smart little comment!

haley said...

i accept you challenge!!! oh, and at least you aren't 81!!!! i'll be up to box saturday after work, or maybe friday after dropping kamryn off at school- would that work for you???

Callie said...

this is awesome! I wish I could still run, I think I may just try to start that up again. I just hope my knees will let me.

Also I am sooooo excited for wii fit to come out! so I can no will! exercise regularly.

I also Love the choice of color. not only is red my favorite color but it is my favorite toe nail color- (I only paint them other colors so that they don't always look the same but everyother time they are red!