Thursday, May 26, 2011

pillows, pillows, and more pillows!

while shopping with k.j. for her birthday, we came across some dang cute pillows. but knowing me, i just can't pay that much for something that i think i can create (almost) as well, for a portion of the cost. so i happen to have my camera with me and took a few pics for later reference.


this is one pillow that k.j. "loved"


and... this is what i came up with




these are a couple of pillows that i "loved"




so, i ran into 'hobby lobby' (have i told you how dangerous it is, that i live sooo close to my new favorite store?), and grabbed some fabric with my 40% off coupon. set up my old stand by ~ the kenmore that i have had for i can't tell you how many years, and started sewing.


i just gathered at random as i sewed in circles. (after circle, after circle)


and this is what i ended up with.

i love how it turned out and will definitely be making more. in fact i have a few orders already for them. ~ kamryn, k.j. and siona, i will have to take you shopping to find the color of fabric you want yours made out of.

3 comments:

Wells Family said...

That is GORGOUS!!!! I can't wait till one day I live in Utah and can go to a hobbie lobby. I love seeing all your crafts.

Marci said...

SO pretty!

the WINTERS family! said...

We'll just start calling you the crazy pillow lady LOL.
I do like them all though:)